If you have visited my blog in the past, you’ll probably know that I love coloring flowers and using them on my crafts. I also really enjoy taking those pretty flowers and combining them with gritty or grungy imagery. For this card, I combined the Cosmos Friend stamps along with the very cool Crackle Cling Stamp, both from Stampendous. I am entering this card into the latest Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which is “Floral Frenzy.” My full instructions are below.
Bo Bunny: Pink Punch Vintage #12PPV951
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Zig Clean Color Markers in 025, 044, 047, 050, 052
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares, EZ Runner
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Ranger: Water Brush
1. Stamp the Cosmos and sentiment on to Canson Mixed Media paper with Nocturne Ink.
2. Color the cosmos using the Zig Clean Color Markers listed, and a water brush.
3. Fussy cut the cosmos out.
4. Die cut the sentiment with the Large “J” Fitted Frame.
5. Color the edge of the die cut sentiment with the 025 Pink marker and water brush.
6. Cut a piece of Mixed Media White Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4.”
7. Stamp the Crackle Cling stamp on to the Mixed Media White Paper with VersaMark Ink.
8. Sprinkle Detail Black Embossing Powder on to the stamped image, shake off excess, and heat set.
9. Create the card base with Pink Punch Vintage cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
10. Attach the background and sentiment to the card base with EZ Runner.
11. Attach the cosmos to the background with foam squares.
It’s always a lot of fun to combine elements that may not seem like they go together, to make an interesting and graphic style card. I love the stark black and white background with the bright pink of the cosmos. I hope you’ll visit tomorrow for my first post with one of the new release Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. You’ll be seeing another beautiful floral stamp from Stampendous! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!