Hello! The new January Stampendous release is now available and I cannot wait for you to see everything. There are cute stamps, sweet ones, fantastic sentiments, funny images, and a lot more. Plus of course, new House Mouse. I love coloring House Mouse stamps, and the one I used on today’s card has become a favorite of mine. Links and my full instructions are below.
HMP116: Watercolor Wish
FREG029: Shabby Blue Frantage Embossing Enamel
My Colors Cardstock: Atlantic Shore, Wildflower
DecoArt Media: Turquoise Shimmer Mister
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: Mice- 064, 065, 071, 075, 072, 075, 096, 220, 230, 900. Everything else- 033, 041, 042, 047, 050, 065, 068, 075, 080, 084, 090, 091, 202, 220, 260, 302, 303, 900
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Canson: Mixed Media XL Paper
1. Stamp Watercolor Wishes on to Canson Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
2. Color in the stamped image using the Zig Markers listed.
3. For the “Happy Birthday,” I traced the lines in a messy fashion, and then went over them with a wet brush to make it look more like true watercolor.
4. Trim down the image to approximately 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4.”
5. Cut a strip of Atlantic Shore cardstock to 1″ x 5 1/2.”
6. Splatter the strip with Turquoise Shimmer Mister and let dry.
7. Create the card base with Wildflower cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
8. Ink 2 edges of the card base with VersaMark Ink.
9. Sprinkle Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel on to the wet ink. Don’t shake off too much, as the larger pieces don’t stick as well to the ink because they’re heavy.
10. Heat the embossing enamel from underneath, so that it doesn’t get blown away by the heat tool.
11. Repeat for the two remaining sides.
12. Adhere all layers with EZ Runner.
I just adore this stamp because the little mice look like they are working so hard to create a beautiful card. Wouldn’t it be fun to change up the colors in their paint palette to give the actual card a completely different look? I may try it with warm tones next. Be sure to visit the Stampendous shop to see all of the brand new stamps that are now available. And don’t forget to visit the blog to see new projects from the rest of the Design Team. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!