Hello! Today I have a project that uses the Daisy Happy stamp from Stampendous. This card was inspired by a card Middy Eggen created way back in April. You can see what she created HERE. I love the look of the uncolored flowers with a bright, bold background. And since the flowers are uncolored, this card is a breeze to put together! You can check out my full instructions below.
My Colors Cardstock: Parrot
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, VersaMark Ink, Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in: Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick. Ink Blending Tools
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp the Daisy on to Mixed Media Paper using VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne.
2. Fussy cut the daisy out, leaving a thin white border.
3. Create the card base with Parrot cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
4. Cut a mat of Mixed Media Paper to the size of 4″ x 5 1/4.”
5. Using an Ink Blending Tool, begin to apply Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide in a circular motion, to create a stripe at the top of the mat.
6. Follow with Mustard Seed, allowing the colors to blend. You may need to go back into the Worn Lipstick to smooth out the colors.
7. Continue to create a rainbow with the Oxides using Wild Honey next, then Salty Ocean, followed by Wilted Violet.
8. Open the spray nozzle of the Sheer Shimmer Spritz and tap the straw end over your background to create splatter.
9. Optional: Soak up some of the droplets with a clean paper towel.
10. Let dry completely.
11. Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink in the top right.
12. Sprinkle on Detail Black Embossing Powder on to the sentiment and heat set.
13. Adhere your background and daisies to the card base with EZ Runner.
I really love to color flowers, but this offers a fun alternative to what you do with them. I would like to try this with dark cardstock and metallic ink on the flowers, with perhaps a darker background I think it would turn this fun card into something more elegant. That’s it for me today. I’ll have something new to share very soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!