Greetings, Guys & Ghouls! It’s Day 2 of the 31 Days of Halloween. Today I have a card that uses a very appropriate stamp for Halloween…it’s called Candy Grab and it’s from Stampendous. I’m not sure if the skeleton threw them up in the air with joy, or they just fell out of a pinata. But either way, it’s a fun stamp! My full instructions on how to recreate this card are below.
R296: Candy Grab
FREG037: Aged Marine Embossing Powder
FRC20: Hot Lime Fragments
My Colors Cardstock: Plum
Imagine: Craft Mat, VersaMark Ink, VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
FaberCastell: PITT Pen- Small
Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adhesieves: Zip Dry Glue
1. Stamp the image with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black on to Canson Mixed Media Paper.
2. Apply Distress Oxide Inks directly to craft mat, using the colors listed.
3. Spritz the inks with water to get them to oxidize.
4. Using a brush, apply the colors around the stamped image. Let dry.
5. If necessary, use a PITT Pen to go over some of the black lines that may have gotten faded by the Distress Inks.
6. Crop the image.
7. Create the card base out of Plum cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8.”
8. Apply VersaMark ink to 2 sides of the card base. Sprinkle with Aged Marine Embossing Powder, then Hot Lime Fragments.
9. Heat from underneath.
10. Repeat Steps 8 & 9 on the other 2 sides.
11. Attach a layer of foam to the image, and then adhere to the card base.
Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creep-tastic day!
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen’s Veranda
A fab and fun project, love all the mixed media.
Sarah Nancarrow says
I love how fun this is!!! Just imagine a skelly whooping it up with a bag of candy rofl
Oh, your background on this one is awesome! I appreciate that you share your process because it's such a cool look. I will definitely be checking out this image, it's super fun!
Mary Holshouser says
Hadn't seen this one before. it is great.
I'm going to say somebody dropped their
candy and he's grabbing it. Party time
in the crypt.
thanks for sharing.
Yep, really fun image. Love it. Hugz
This is Great! I want candy!!
This is Great! I Want candy!
Denise Bryant says
Awesome card! Love the skeleton arms and the candy!
Lyneen J says
Awesome card! Love how the oxide inks set off the stamped images… What fun! Happy 31 Days of Halloween!
This is so cool!
The Altered Paper says
This is different and I do love it! Love the colors and the skeleton arms grabbing for some treats! Fun & Spook tac ular!
fiona walker says
A great project love it. X
Susan Renshaw says
What a brilliant stamp – definitely on my wishlist! Great make!
Kat Coppleman says
Cool as background. Thanks for the instructions.
Christine K says
Oh my sweet falling from the sky candy batmans this is adorable! How very creative!
Christine K says
had to revisit this card it's so darling! I have a group of different candy stamps which i now know what to do with!! Keep up the great work!