Greetings, my Spooktacular friends! It’s Day 3 of the 31 Days of Halloween. This is one of my favorite cards that I’ve made for the month. I’ve been trying to work ahead quite a bit with my posts, and I couldn’t wait to share it, so here it is on Day 3. This is SO easy to do, and you can learn how with my instructions below. I used Distress Oxides to make the background, along with Sheer Shimmer Spritz, which creates a fantastic effect.
FMS4076: Broom Flight
GX269U: Moss Green Ultra Fine Glitter
My Colors Cardstock: Plum
Imagine: On Point Glue
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet & Vintage Photo, Mini Ink Blending Tools
Canson: Bristol Paper
1. On a piece of Bristol Paper, using the Mini Ink Blending Tools, apply the 3 Distress Oxide Inks listed in a random, circular fashion. Blend the colors.
2. Spritz the stencil with water.
3. Flip the wet side of the stencil carefully down into the Oxide Inked paper. Use a clean, dry paper towel to press the stencil into the paper and to blot up any excess water.
4. Lift stencil carefully and use a heat gun to speed up drying time.
5. Spritz the stencil again and reapply to the paper if necessary. Be sure to line up the stencil.
6. Crop the dried image down to 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4.”
7. Use the Mini Ink Blending Tool to apply Vintage Photo Oxide Ink to the edges of the paper.
8. Create the card base out of Plum cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8.”
9. Adhere stenciled image to the card base.
10. Using On Point Glue, run a line of glue down either side of the card.
11. Sprinkle Moss Green Ultra Fine Glitter on to the glue and gently tap off the excess.
You can create this same effect with any stencil, though I recommend doing it with one that has more of a solid surface to it. It would be gorgeous for Christmas cards. I hope you’ll give it a try! Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, listed below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fangtastic day!
Alison (that’s me!)