Hello! The Stampendous team is finishing up the “Part of your World” monthly theme we had going this month. Our mini theme this week is “Yo Ho Ho.” And you know what that means….pirates! I decided to use the new Nautical Anchor Perfectly Clear set, along with the Compass metal stencil. Full instructions are below.
SSC1261: Nautical Anchor Perfectly Clear Set
FMS4016: Compass Metal Stencil
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
DWNHB-9: 3/8″ Stencil Brush
SSH46: Large Acrylic Stamp Handle
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Zig Clean Color Markers: 063, 066, 090, 091
Imagine: Kaleidacolor in Denim, irRESISTable Spray in Gold, VersaFine ink in Onyx Black
1. Cut a piece of Mixed Media Paper to 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4.”
2. Stamp the anchor and rope border with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black along the right side of the paper, near the edge.
3. Emboss the image with Detail Black Embossing Powder.
4. Color the image with the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.
5. Using a fine tipped scissor, trim the excess of the paper as close to the right edge of the image as possible.
6. Tape the Compass Stencil at an angle to the paper near the top. You may want to tape off the scroll so that you don’t accidentally ink it.
7. Using a stencil brush and the Denim Kaleidacolor inks, apply color to the stencil. I started with the brown, then used the gray, then 1 of the blue shades. Do not go too heavy with the colors. Keep them soft.
8. Ink up a sentiment from the Anchor set using VersaFine ink, and heat emboss with Detail Black in the lower right corner.
9. Spritz the Mixed Media Paper with Gold irRESISTable Spray and let dry.
10. Cut the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock to the size of 5 1/2″ x 8.”
11. Glue the stamped and stenciled layer to the card base.
Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog for more ideas. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Marianne C says
That's a beauty!
Mary Holshouser says
Love the rope with the anchor.
The layering is great.
thanks for sharing.
Jennifer Scull says
What a wonderful card! I like the way you created the border along the side with the stamp. Very cool!
Beckie Williams says
I love your colors. You did such a wonderful job, it is a beautiful card.
Rebecca Yahrling says
Love that nautical anchor – gorgeous! And a lovely card.
barbara macaskill says
I absolutely love this card! It would be a great masculine card but even a woman can love it!
I am not sure what it is about this card but it really speaks to my heart! TFS!
That is one gorgeous card! Love that compass for the focal point, and the unique anchor edging really makes this card amazing! Thank you for sharing.
Your card is so pretty. Love the rope border and the colors.
Sue LD says
Wonderful nautical card–love the rope border.
sharon g says
I really like the rope border. It can be used for many purposes, some knotty, some nice 🙂