Hello! I have a Stampendous slimline card to share with a sweet little House Mouse. I was inspired by the Slim Birthday Words stamp, and I decided to cut apart the Sleepy Surprise House Mouse stamp and use only the fella with the noise maker.
*Affiliate links are used in this post. That means that if you shop through these links, I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you. For more information, please see my Affiliates page.
RS-HMP143: Sleepy Surprise
CSL01: Slim Birthday Words
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
My Colors Cardstock: Plum
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink Nocturne, VersaMark Ink, On Point Glue
Ranger: Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, and Picked Raspberry
Copic Markers: Mouse- E11, E51, E21, R20, E43, E71, E77. Noise Maker- Y02, Y08, YG07, N2, W0.
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Cardstock
White Mica Powder
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp the mouse with the noise maker from Sleepy Surprise on to Mixed Media White Paper with VersaFine Ink.
2. Color the mouse in using the Copic markers listed.
3. Fussy cut the mouse out.
4. On a piece of Smooth Bristol Cardstock, stamp the Slim Birthday Words with VersaMark Ink.
5. Sprinkle Detail Black Embossing Powder on to the stamped image, shake off the excess, and heat set.
6. Apply the colors of Distress Oxides with blending tools in rainbow order, starting with Picked Raspberry.
7. Trim the panel to 8″ x 3 3/4.”
8. Using a pearl mica powder and water, apply the powder to all of the words to get an oxidized shimmer. Let dry.
9. Create the card base out of Plum cardstock, cut to 8 1/4″ x 8.”
10. Adhere the layers to the card base with EZ Runner.
11. Adhere purple rhinestones with On Point Glue.
I love that rainbow of color! I also really like the oxidation effect you get when you add water to Distress Oxides…for this stamp, it’s a great technique to take advantage of. Please visit the Stampendous Blog for more projects. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Beautifully done and a creative way to get your colouring the way you wanted it. Thanks for the instructions.