Greetings! I have a card today that I created for Stampendous some time ago, but never had the chance to share. It’s a pretty quick card to make, and I think it’s a fun take on a Christmas card.
*Some affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. For more info, please see my Affiliates page.
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Imagine: VersaMark Ink
Strathmore: Bristol Paper
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Black Soot. Ink Blending Tools.
DecoArt Media: Mister in Carbon Black
1. On a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Bristol Paper, apply splotches of Distress Oxide color with the Ink Blending Tool (all except for Black Soot), covering the paper completely.
2. Apply Black Soot Distress Oxide on top of the colors, inking heavier in some spots, and lighter in others.
3. Flick water on to the background. You can pick up excess water with a paper towel.
4. Flick Carbon Black Mister on to the background by opening up the bottle and tapping the straw towards the paper.
5. Stamp Christmas Sky in the center of the background with VersaMark Ink.
6. Sprinkle sentiment with Detail White Embossing Powder and heat set.
7. Sprinkle Chunky White Embossing Powder around the outer perimeter of the card. Keep it loose, so that when it is melted, it looks like stars.
8. Heat the White Embossing Powder from underneath.
9. Create the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
10. Attach the completed background to the card base.
That’s it for me today! I hope you like this card. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!