Hello! Today I have a sweet House Mouse/Stampendous card to share with you. But the focal stamp I used, actually has 2 mice on it. It’s called Sleepy Surprise, and besides the mouse I used, there’s another one that’s about to blow a noise maker in this one’s ear. I decided to split them up because this sweetie looked like it needed more rest. You’ll see the other mouse on a different card soon. Below are my full instructions.
RS-HMP143: Sleepy Surprise
SSC1350: Baby Gift
DCP1020: POP Frame Die Set
EK144: Floral Garden Embossing Powders (Floral Lilac Medium)
My Colors Cardstock: Lime Pop, Lavender
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, Smokey Gray. VersaMagic Ink in Aloe Vera, Key Lime.
Copic Markers: Mouse: E11, E51, E21, R20, N6, N4, N2. Everything else: W0, W1, W2, YG11, G14, BV000, BV01, BV02, C7, C3.
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
1. Stamp the sleeping mouse on to Mixed Media White Paper with Onyx Black Ink.
2. Color the stamped image with the Copic markers listed.
3. Fussy cut the colored image.
4. Create the card base out of Lime Pop cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
5. Temporarily adhere the Houndstooth stencil from Erin Lee Creative to the card base with washi tape or Pixie Spray.
6. Apply VersaMark Ink through the stencil either directly from the pad or with a foam dauber. I have a dauber that is used exclusively for VersaMark ink so that it doesn’t get my other inks sticky.
7. Remove the stencil.
8. Sprinkle Floral Lilac Medium embossing powder on to the wet ink, sprinkle off the excess, and heat set.
9. Tear a corner of lavender cardstock for the bottom left corner. You’ll have your House Mouse on it so don’t make it too small.
10. On a piece of ivory cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the Baby Gift stamp set with Smokey Gray VersaFine ink.
11. Cut the sentiment out with the smallest wavy rectangle in the POP Frame die set.
12. Ink the edges of the die cut with Key Lime VersaMagic, then Aloe Vera VersaMagic.
13. Adhere all layers with Zip Dry Glue.
My mom has always loved green glass, and she has a small collection of it. Anytime I see this color glass, I think of her, so I thought it would be fun to color the jar the same color. This pale lime green and soft lavender go so well together. Be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog for more fun ideas. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Love how you adapted this image to a baby card. It’s just darling, and your color combo is super sweet! Thanks for sharing!