Hello! I have a new House Mouse card to share with you today that has the “Teacup Paddler” stamp. This little mouse wanted to go for a ride…in a teacup! I am entering this card into the latest House Mouse & Friends Challenge, which is “Anything Goes.”
*Some affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. Please see my Affiliates page for more info.
HMP141: Teacup Paddler
EK144: Floral Garden Embossing Powder Kit- Floral Pink Medium
SSC2009: Adventure Awaits
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Clair Ink in and Twilight, On Point Glue.
Doodles Paper Playground: “With a Bang” Sparkle Blend
Ranger: Alcohol Ink in Stonewashed, Alcohol Ink Pearl in Celestial, Air Blower, Blending Solution
Copic Markers: Mouse- E11, E21, E51, R20, N71, N77, N79. Sky- BG10. Water- B000, BG01. Spoons & Cup- N2, N4, N6, B13, B63, RV34, E03.
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Poster Board Paper (found at Dollar Tree)
1. Stamp Teacup Paddler on to Mixed Media White Paper with Onyx Black ink.
2. Color the stamped image with the Copic Markers listed.
3. Trim the image to 2 1/4″ x 4.”
4. Apply VersaMark Ink to 2 sides of the trimmed image.
5. Sprinkle Floral Pink Medium on the 2 inked sides, tap off excess, and heat set.
6. Stamp the sentiment to the piece with Twilight Ink.
7. Repeat for the other 2 sides.
8. On a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Poster Board Paper, apply Blending Solution.
9. While the Blending Solution is still wet, apply a few drops each of Celestial and Stonewashed Alcohol Inks.
10. Use the Air Blower to move the ink around the paper, until you get the look you desire. Let dry.
11. Create the card base with Periwinkle colored cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
12. Adhere the dry alcohol ink panel and the colored mouse to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.
13. Adhere sequins to the card with On point Glue.
I love the watery look the alcohol ink background has. If you’re curious how to make alcohol ink backgrounds like this one, please check out my YouTube video HERE. I hope that mouse is having a good time! It looks like a lot of work to paddle that teacup. For more fun ideas, please visit the Stampendous Blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
April W says
I love this new stamp! Your background is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx
Bunny Hoyle says
A great new stamp. Your card is beautiful as is the background you made.
Alison what a beautiful card with a fantastic background
Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.
Gr Karin DT Member
Lorraine A says
Super cute card Alison 🙂 I love this new image and your coloring is fabulous! Love the background too, absolutely gorgeous 🙂
Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Lols x x x