Sometimes we need a card- fast! Here’s an easy way to make an inspirational card with only 2 stamps and one Kaleidacolor ink pad. You can change up the stamps to suit your needs. Make sure you read to the bottom of the post to see this card done with different colors.
Skill Level: Beginner
Time: 5 Minutes!
- Using the Kaleidacolor Ink Pad of your choice, ink up your sentiment stamp. It’s a good idea to use a stamp positioner in case you need to ink it up more than once. Be sure to close the tab on the pad so that the colors “click” together. I chose Royal Satin Kaleidacolor. I recommend using using a palette that has deeper tones, as it may be harder to read a sentiment done in pastels.
- Stamp the image to make a solid impression. If there are any areas that need more ink, reink the stamp and restamp the image.
- Trim your sentiment.
4. Using a background stamp, click together the colors again and ink the stamp. I have the tabbed area hanging off the edge of the stamp. You’ll only be able to ink up a little more than half the stamp this way, so flip the pad around to ink up the other side.
5. Place a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ cardstock on top of the inked background stamp.
6. Apply pressure with your hands on to the cardstock to make an impression. If you don’t want inky fingers, grab a piece of scrap paper, lay it on top of the entire background stamp, and rub to get an impression.
7a. Now you need to decide if you want your background colors to match the order of colors on your sentiment. Above, you can see the colors aligned.
7b. Here, you can see I reversed the colors, which I personally prefer. This is how I decided to make my card, but you can choose either option.
8. Glue your layers to a standard white A2 card base.
That’s it! You’re done, and you’ve made a card in about 5 minutes. If you make a pack of these, they would be a wonderful gift. Here are some other color versions.
Kaleidacolor Ink Pad (I used Royal Satin, Cappuccino Delight, and Berry Blaze)
Brutus Monroe: There is Always Something to be Grateful For stamp
Erin Lee Creative: Houndstooth 6×6 Stamp
Thank you so much for your kind words!