Hello! How’s your summer going? Are you in an area where it’s hot? On Long Island, the past few days have been warm, but pretty pleasant. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a “Cool Treat” like the House Mouse stamp from Stampendous that I used today. These mice are loving their snack! I am submitting this card into the latest House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, which is “Food and/or Drink.”
*Some affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. For more info, please see my Affiliates page.
HMP142: House Mouse Cool Treat
SSC2031: Basket Bikes
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
Imagine: Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Ink in Vintage Sepia
Ranger: Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Mice: E33, E51, E53, R11, R32, E35, E47, E59, W3, W5, N2, N4, N6
Scene: E25, E29, E33, E57, E79, RV09, RV10, RV55, B00, G07, G28, YG07
Posca: .7mm White Paint Pen
Hot Pink cardstock
Light Pink cardstock
1. Stamp Cool Treat on to Mixed Media White Paper with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.
2. Color the stamped image using the Copic Markers listed.
3. Add details and highlights to the popsicle with the Posca Pen.
4. Trim the colored panel.
5. Create the card base out of hot pink cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
6. Cut a piece of light pink cardstock to approximately 5″ x 4.”
7. Tear all four sides of the light pink cardstock and ink the edges with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.
8. Adhere the torn layer to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.
9. Adhere the stamped layer to the light pink layer, at an angle, with Zip Dry Glue.
10. Stamp the “happy day” sentiment from the Basket Bikes stamp set with Versa Fine ink in Vintage Sepia on to the light pink layer.
I loved coloring this image. It was time consuming, but coloring is so relaxing and fun for me. Plus, the stamped image is so large, that you don’t need to do much else to complete your card. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more House Mouse fun. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!