Hello! How’s your summer going? Are you in an area where it’s hot? On Long Island, the past few days have been warm, but pretty pleasant. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a “Cool Treat” like the House Mouse stamp from Stampendous that I used today. These mice are loving their snack! I am submitting this card into the latest House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, which is “Food and/or Drink.”
*Some affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. For more info, please see my Affiliates page.
HMP142: House Mouse Cool Treat
SSC2031: Basket Bikes
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
Imagine: Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Ink in Vintage Sepia
Ranger: Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Mice: E33, E51, E53, R11, R32, E35, E47, E59, W3, W5, N2, N4, N6
Scene: E25, E29, E33, E57, E79, RV09, RV10, RV55, B00, G07, G28, YG07
Posca: .7mm White Paint Pen
Hot Pink cardstock
Light Pink cardstock
1. Stamp Cool Treat on to Mixed Media White Paper with Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.
2. Color the stamped image using the Copic Markers listed.
3. Add details and highlights to the popsicle with the Posca Pen.
4. Trim the colored panel.
5. Create the card base out of hot pink cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
6. Cut a piece of light pink cardstock to approximately 5″ x 4.”
7. Tear all four sides of the light pink cardstock and ink the edges with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.
8. Adhere the torn layer to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.
9. Adhere the stamped layer to the light pink layer, at an angle, with Zip Dry Glue.
10. Stamp the “happy day” sentiment from the Basket Bikes stamp set with Versa Fine ink in Vintage Sepia on to the light pink layer.
I loved coloring this image. It was time consuming, but coloring is so relaxing and fun for me. Plus, the stamped image is so large, that you don’t need to do much else to complete your card. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more House Mouse fun. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Love this card! Beautiful job Alison!
Lorraine A says
Gorgeous card Alison 🙂 I love this new mousie image and your coloring is fabulous! I can almost taste the strawberry popsicle! Love the torn edges too, very lovely 🙂
Super cute card
Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Lols x x x
Cute card and your coloring is lovely. This is such a great new stamp.
April W says
I love your card! So beautifully colored. I love all the pink too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx
Sue DREES says
Alison, wow, so pretty in pink! Love this stamp and your coloring is awesome. It has been so hot here that I actually bought a bag of popsicles for myself to cool off with on the patio. been years since I had one, but it was yummy, just like your card!! So glad you joined the fun and entered your card at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
This is so cute! Love the bright, sunny colors. So wonderful for a hot, Summer day! Thanks for sharing with House-Mouse Designs, Alison. Always fun!!
Hi Alison super gorgeous mousey card love your pink colour combo totally sweet..
Thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC
Mousey hugs Christine xxx
Ps congrats on your top 3 pick..xx