Greetings! This week, the Stampendous team is featuring projects that fall into the “Beautiful Wings” category. There are several wonderful stamps that feature butterflies, and my card today uses the “Lacy Butterflies” stamp. My full instructions are below.
R331: Lacy Butterflies
SSC1371: Leafy Frame
EP161: Wintergreen Embossing Powder
WC002: Fran’s Favorite Watercolor Brush
My Colors Cardstock: Plum
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Zig Clean Color Markers: 026, 033, 036, 041, 042, 043, 046, 050, 053, 065, 069, 070, 083, 093, 202, 803
Gansai Tambi Watercolors: #061- Ultramarine Pale
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
1. Stamp the Lacy Butterflies on to watercolor paper using VersaFine ink.
2. Color the stamped image with the Zig markers listed.
3. Trim the piece down to 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4.”
4. Paint the background with Ultramarine Pale from Gansai Tambi and Fran’s Favorite Watercolor Brush (it’s my favorite too!).
5. Stamp the sentiment from the Leafy Frame stamp set with VersaFine ink when the panel has dried.
6. Create the card base out of Plum cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
7. Apply VersaMark Ink to the right and left side of the card.
8. Sprinkle Witnergreen Embossing Powder on to the VersaMark ink, shake off excess, and heat set.
9. Adhere the watercolored panel to the card base with Zip Dry Glue. I like using Zip Dry glue for this card because the panel will warp from using water on it. The Zip Dry adheres it well to the card base.
This is such a pretty stamp, without a ton of detail, so even newer colorists shouldn’t feel intimidated with it. Plus, this stamp works for many occasions, which is always a bonus. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more projects with the “Beautiful Wings” theme. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Thank you so much for your kind words!