Hello there! I’m not ready to start thinking about winter and the holidays that go along with it, but I did feel like working with an adorable House Mouse stamp, so I decided to compromise a bit. This is Snowmouse, from Stampendous, and it is a really sweet image. I am entering this card into the current House Mouse & Friends Challenge, which is Anything Goes with the option of Christmas. My full instructions are below.
6CR009: Winter Blizzard
DP100: Detail White Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Classic Cherry
World Win: Shamrock Green cardstock
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, VersaMark Ink
Zig Clean Color Markers: 020, 024, 044, 045, 060, 064, 065, 071, 072, 091, 094, 096, 220, 302
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Canson: Mixed Media XL Paper
1. Stamp the Snow Mouse on to Mixed Media paper with VersaFine ink.
2. Color the stamped image using the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.
3. Crop the image to a 2 3/4″ square.
4.Cut a 3″ square mat out of Classic Cherry cardstock.
5. Create the card base out of Shamrock Green cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
6. Ink the Winter Blizzard stamp with VersaMark ink. I prefer to lay large stamps face up on my work surface.
7. Press the cardstock into the up-turned stamp. You can use a brayer or your hands to apply even pressure across the cardstock, to ensure a complete impression.
8. Sprinkle on Detail White Embossing Powder all of the card base and shake off the excess. Heat the powder to melt it with an embossing gun.
9. Wrap baker’s twine around the card base a few times and secure with a bow.
10. Adhere all layers to the card base with EZ Runner.
I love the combination of this sweet, almost dainty image with the bold lines of the snowflakes on the card base. It’s a good winter card, and doesn’t have to be for a specific holiday. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see what’s been cooking up there. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!