Hello! Stampendous sometimes creates stamps that have an ocean theme. Sometimes they’re shells, sometimes they’re of the sea, but they’re always beautiful and I really enjoy coloring them. Today, the new stamp Seaside Shells has both shells and the sea, so I was excited to work with it.
P353: Seaside Shells
My Colors Cardstock: Atlantic Shore, Pink Delight, and Sky.
Neenah: Desert Storm Cardstock
Imagine: VersaFine ink in Onyx Black, On Point Glue
Doodles Paper Playground: Sweet Boy Sparkle Blend
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: 021, 028, 031, 036, 041, 044, 064, 066, 067, 069, 071, 072, 075, 096, 200, 220, 222, 302, 303, 900, 901
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Canson Mixed Media Paper
1. Stamp Seaside Shells on to Mixed Media cardstock with Onyx Black ink.
2. Color the stamped image using the colors listed.
3. Trim the colored image and use a corner rounder on all 4 corners.
4. Create the card base out of Neenah’s Desert Storm cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 11.”
5. Create a mat of Sky cardstock, cut to 4″ x 5 1/4..”
6. Cut a strip of Atlantic Shore cardstock, cut to 5 1/4″ x 1″ and tear the bottom.
7. Cut a strip of Pink Delight cardstock, to the size of 5 1/4″ x 1″ and tear the top and bottom.
8. Adhere all layers using EZ Runner.
9. Adhere some Sweet Boy sequins to the card using On Point Glue.
I really loved making this card. If you caught my Sunflower Perch card from the other day, you saw that I love tearing paper for my backgrounds. I thought that was also effective on this card. And again, I needed that sprinkling of sequins. Please check out the Stampendous Blog to see more summery projects from the rest of the team. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
This came out lovely! Yes, tearing the paper adds great texture that in this case reminds me of the waves and the tougher edges of some of the sea shells! Beautiful work!!!!