Greetings! Stampendous just came out with some wonderful new scene builder stamp sets, and I really love them. You can easily create beautiful cards with some basic supplies, or you can go all out and create dramatic scenes with lots of elements. Either way, these new stamp sets (Adventure Awaits and Sunrise Sunset ) make it easy. I kept mine very simple today, but I love the end result.
SSC2009: Adventure Awaits
SSC2006: Sunrise Sunset
My Colors Cardstock: Parrot
Imagine: Kaleidacolor Ink Pad in Fresh Greens, VersaMark Ink in Onyx Black, Ink Potion No. 9
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares
1. Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4″ x 5 1/4.”
2. Swipe the Fresh Greens Kaleidacolor Inks across your acrylic block side to side until you get good coverage of ink.
3. Spray the block with Ink Potion No. 9 a few times so that the ink begins to blend a little.
4. Lay the inked block on to your watercolor paper and apply something heavy on top (I used a tape dispenser) for about 5 minutes.
5. Stamp your scene and sentiment on to the dried Fresh Greens inks.
6. Tear or use an Edge Distresser (mine is from Heidi Swapp) along the edges of the watercolor paper.
7. Create the card base out of Parrot cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
8. Apply foam tape to the back of the watercolor panel and adhere to the card base.
I love the shades of green that are in the Fresh Greens Kaleidacolor ink pad. They’re so serene, which is perfect for the simple little scene I created. I hope you’ll give this technique and these new stamps a try. I have some other cards coming up that use this style, so I hope you’ll check back to see them. Meanwhile, why not visit the Stampendous Blog to see what the rest of the team has created. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!