Hello! Stampendous has a few fun “Frame” stamp sets. There’s a focal image, that has a frame with lots of sentiments that you can put inside the frame. This week, the Design Team is featuring Coffee Frame, which I think is my favorite of these sets. My full instructions on how to make this card are below.
SSC1334: Coffee Frame
CRS5109: Cling Grunge Script
FREG037: Aged Marine Frantage Embossing Enamels
Neenah: Desert Storm Cardstock, Soalr White 100lb. Cardstock
Imagine: VersaFine Claire Ink in Noctrune, VersaMark Ink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: 028, 038, 064, 065, 068, 090, 092, 090, 091, 092, 230, 260, 303
Ranger: Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp the Coffee Frame and the sentiment of your choosing on a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Soalr White Cardstock with Nocturne Ink.
2. Color in the stamped image with the Zig Markers listed.
3. Stamp the swirl from the Cling Grunge Script set around the outer perimeter of the white cardstock with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
4. Create the card base out of Desert Storm cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
5. Ink the edges of the card base with VersaMark ink. I recommend inking only 2 sides at a time.
6. Sprinkle Aged Marine on the inked edges. Don’t tap off too much of the powder.
7. Heat the powder from underneath. This is very important! Heating from above will cause the larger granules to blow away.
8. Repeat inking and applying powder on the other 2 sides.
9. Apply the top layer to the card base with EZ Runner.
I love the way the scroll looks around the Coffee Frame. And the Aged Marine Embossing Powder is so lustrous! What do you think of these “Framed” sets? I love how versatile they are, yet they’re also easy to use because you don’t need to plan your layout. It’s done for you! Please be sure to stop by the Stampendous Blog to see what the rest of the team has cooked up. Tanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Janelle S says
Wow! What an elegant style card. Love that embossed edge and the filigree frame. It adds all the glam to the card!
Linda BL says
I think the scroll stamping and the aged marine embossing powder really made the card. The frame sets are almost instant cards as the layout is done for you. Thanks for tip on using the aged marine and the suggestion of putting it around the edge of the card. Will try that.
sharon gullikson says
What a great look. I adore the edge!!!!!!! This is a very elegant look on this card.