Hello! A technique that I really love to use is “emboss resist.” I did it on the card I shared the other day featuring an AALL & Create stamp set, and today my card uses images from Stampendous’ Floral Diamonds stamp set. The big difference today though, is that I used Kraft cardstock as m base with clear embossing powder, instead of white on white. The end result looks very different, and I love it.
SSC1337: Floral Diamonds
SSC1331: Bird Frame
DP020: Clear Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Wildflower
Imagine: On Point Glue, VersaMark Ink
Doodles Paper Playground: Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Lucky Clover, and Dusty Concord. Mini Ink Blending Tools
Scrapbook Adhesive: EZ Runner
1. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4.”
2. Stamp the largest image and one of the smallest from the Floral Diamonds stamp set all over the piece of Kraft cardstock with VersaMark Ink.
3. Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder all over the panel, tap off excess, and heat to melt the powder.
4. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, apply Distress Oxides all over the panel. Be sure to overlap the colors and blend them together.
5. Buff the excess ink off of the embossed images with a paper towel or a microfiber cloth.
6. Create the card base out of Wildflower cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
7. Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Kraft cardstock with VersaMark ink.
8. Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder on to the sentiment, tap off excess, and heat set.
9. Trim the sentiment strip and tear the edge on the right side.
10. Ink torn edge with VersaMark ink, apply Clear Powder, ad heat set.
11. Adhere the inked panel and the sentiment strip to the card base.
12. Glue sequins from the Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend to the inked panel with On Point Glue.
I really love these colors together, and that stamp set is just beautiful. The Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend really makes everything pop. Emboss resist cards are fun, and often quick to create. Have you ever tried this technique on Kraft cardstock? Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!