Greetings! I am definitely a dog AND a cat person, so seeing the new “Kitty Kiss” stamp from Stampendous really made me smile. I decided to make a shaker card using the warm “Pumpkin Spice” Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. My full instructions are below. I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which is “All Loved Up.”
Q251: Kitty Kiss
CRS5111: Kitten Hugs Stamp and Stencil Set
DCP1005: Fitted Frame Set A
Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock
Tombow Dual Brush Markers: 772, 930, 990, 992, N95
Doodles Paper Playground: Pumpkin Spice Sparkle Blend
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, VersaFine Ink in Vintage Sepia
Ranger: Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Brutus Monroe: Foam Tape
Graphic 45: Mind Over Matter cardstock #4501168
1. Stamp Kitty Kiss using VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
2. Color the stamped image using the Tombow markers listed.
3. Cut the colored image out.
4. On a piece of 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ of Desert Storm cardstock, apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink though the paw print stencil from the Kitten Hugs stamp set.
5. Die cut a window on the stenciled background using the Large “E” Fitted Frame.
6. Stamp the sentiment using VersaFine Vintage Sepia. The sentiment is from the Kitten Hugs set.
7. Lightly ink the edges of the stenciled background using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a Mini Ink Blending Tool.
8. Apply foam tape to the back of the stenciled background, being sure to have the foam seal around the die cut window to prevent sequins from spilling out.
9. Cut a piece of Graphic 45’s Mind Over Matter cardstock to slightly larger than the die cut window.
10. Fill the window with the Pumpkin Spice Sparkle Blend.
11. Peel off foam tape backing and attach the piece of Mind Over Matter cardstock to the back of the window to seal it.
12. Create the card base out of cream colored cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
13. Adhere the shaker panel to the card base.
I wish my cat and dogs got along this well! My cat is not a fan of hanging out with the dogs, so he usually keeps to himself. Maybe someday… Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!