Greetings! I had so much fun playing along with the latest House Mouse and Friends Challenge (which is Food and/or Drink), that I wanted to play along again. My card today uses the new Donut Day stamp, and now I really want a donut. Doesn’t it look delish? My full instructions on how I created this card are below.
HMV39: Donut Day
FX71: Sticky Panels
DCP1006: Fitted Frames
SSCM5004: House Mouse So Sweet Perfectly Clear Stamps
My Colors Cardstock- Velvet Night, Yellow Corn, Banana Pepper, Cloak Gray, Ocean Side, Madras Blue.
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne and Twilight
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: Mouse- 064, 071, 072, 075, 091, 096, 220, 230. The rest- 034, 037, 050, 051, 052, 060, 063, 064, 065, 072, 075, 900, 901
EK Success: Medium Corner Rounder
Canson: Mixed Media XL Cardstock
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp Donut Day on to Mixed Media Cardstock with Nocturne Ink.
2. Color in the stamped image using the marker colors listed.
3. Trim the colored image down and use a Medium Corner Rounder on all 4 corners.
4. Attach Sticky Panels to a piece of white cardstock that is slightly bigger than the Small “R” Fitted Frame.
5. Remove the other side of the backing and attach strips of colored cardstock to the panel. I like to use different widths.
6. Once the panel is full of strips, die cut it with the Small “R” Fitted Frame.
7. Stamp the sentiment on to the colored panel with Twilight ink.
8. Create the card base out of Velvet Night Cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
9. Adhere all layers with EZ Runner.
Of course I loved coloring this House Mouse stamp, but I also really enjoyed chopping up my scraps to create this fun, striped background. It doesn’t take long to do, and it has a lot of impact. Thanks for stopping by! Have an inspiring day!