Hello! Even though summertime heat is still in full swing on Long Island, I wanted to share a card that for chillier days. It features the Cocoa Hot Tub stamp from Stampendous, and I think it’s just adorable. Just look at that cute little marshmallow man! My full instructions are below.
Q248: Cocoa Hot Tub
F247: Marshmallow Friends
DP100: Detail White Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Polished Stone, Madras Blue
Bazzill: Carob Cream
Imagine: VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, VersaMark
Zig Clean Color Markers: 034, 060, 062, 065, 066, 070, 091, 092, 303, 900
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner, Foam Squares
Tonic: Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze
Canson Mixed Media Paper
1. Stamp the Cocoa Hot Tub image on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne.
2. Color the stamped image using the Zig Markers listed.
3. Fussy cut the colored image.
4. Create the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
5. Cut a 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square of Madras Blue cardstock.
6. Tear the edges of the Madras Blue square.
7. Cut a 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square of Carob Cream cardstock.
8. Tear the edges of the Carob Cream Square.
9. Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark ink on to the Carob Cream Square,
10. Sprinkle the sentiment with Detail White Embossing Powder and heat set.
11. Cut two 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ strips of Polished Stone cardstock.
12. Adhere the strips to the card base with EZ Runner.
13. Adhere the squares on top of the strips.
14. Adhere the Cocoa Hot Tub to the Madras Blue square with foam squares.
15. Apply Nuvo Drops near the strips, and let dry.
Wouldn’t it be fun to color the mugs in all different colors and give a set of coordinating cards as a gift to someone? Since the image is not very big, it doesn’t take very long to color and the rest of the card comes together quickly. That’s it for me today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Mary Holshouser says
the snowman is so cute. Love his cinnamon
stock arms. Fun card. thanks for sharing
Beverly Jordan says
This marshmallow man is adorable but love your cocoa coloring and deep blues! Gorgeous card!
Denise Bryant says
Adorable card with this cute marshmallow man! Love the colors!
Linda BL says
Such a cue card! The cocoa coloring is perfect.
What a fun image and beautiful card! Love the blue tones with that hot cocoa
Squeal!! Cutest card ever!
This is so darn adorable and I love the way you colored the cocoa!
Janis in ID says
Super-sweet and happy!!! Such a fun card!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com