Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is previewing some of the newest stamps that will be in the 2018 January catalog. You are in for a real treat! There are so many wonderful new images! I had a tough time deciding which to share first, but the beautiful Horse Friends stamp by Laurel Burch won out. I had a fantastic time coloring it, and I couldn’t wait to share it with all of you.
LBP009: Horse Friends
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Bo Bunny: Blueberry Vintage Double Dot Cardstock #12BV807 & Pink Punch Vintage Cardstock #12PPV951
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 024, 025, 027. 032, 033, 036, 038, 041, 042, 043, 050, 051, 070, 080, 081, 082, 083, 202, 302
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ-Dots
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
1. Stamp Horse Friends on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Ink.
2. Color the stamped image with the colors indicated.
3. Trim the image, leaving a white border.
4. Create the card base with Blueberry Vintage Double Dot, cut to the size of 5 1/2″ x 8.” Have the dots on the inside of the card.
5. Tear a piece of Pink Punch Vintage to fit in the upper left corner. Keep the dots facing out this time.
6. Adhere the torn corner piece and the stamped layer to the card base using EZ-Dots.
That’s it for me today. Tomorrow I will be sharing a Lawn Fawn birthday card that I made for my son, and Friday I will have another Stampendous Sneak Peek. Please be sure to visit the rest of the gals over at the Stampendous Blog. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Donna Ellis says
Hi, Alison! I love the strength of the horses in this image, and the bold colors really bring each horse front and center! I especially like the torn diagonal papers in the background to bring out the multiple colors even more! Fabulous!
Another beautifully colored card. Great new stamp. [Bunny]
Denise Bryant says
Love the colors you used on the beautiful Horse Friends design!
So pretty & vibrant.
sharon g says
That reminds me of some of the images we see at museums from hundreds, if not thousands of years ago. VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marianne C says
The colouring is awesome, good choice of the many gorgeous Laurel images!
Clipping Path says
I'm personally a big fan of alisonsrandomthoughts blog. Thanks for sharing this post.