Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is featuring “On the Road” projects, or those with a travel theme. I’m going to be honest, I really love the card I’m sharing today. It’s really different from what I normally do, and I think it came out great. I’ve got all of the instructions below in case you’d like to make it for yourself.
SSC1254: Travel Home Perfectly Clear Stamps Set
DCP1005: Fitted Frames Set A
STF082: VersaFine ink in Onyx Black
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
Zig Clean Color Markers: 044, 060, 061, 062, 065, 068, 072, 075, 092, 093, 302, 400
My Colors Cardstock: Brown Eyes
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Ranger: Water Brush
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Glue Dots: Pop Dots
1. Stamp the part of the luggage image you’d like to color with VersaFine ink on Canson’s Mixed Media Paper.
2. Color in the image with the listed Zig Clean Color Markers and the water brush.
3. Die cut a portion of the colored image with the Small E Fitted Frame.
4. Die cut with the Large E Fitted Frame around the area you cut out previously.
5. On Stampendous’ Mixed Media Paper, stamp the entire luggage image on the lower left corner. Do not color.
6. Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner.
7. Lay the Large E die cut piece exactly on the exact spot of the fully stamped image and glue it down with Zip Dry Glue.
8. Apply Pop Dots to the back of the Small E Fitted Frame die cut and place on top of it’s matching spot on the fully stamped image.
9. Create the card base using Brown Eyes cardstock and cut to 5 1/2″ x 8.”
10. Glue the white layer to the card base with Zip Dry Glue.
Below are the ladies posting along with me today. Please stop by and leave them some love. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
barbara macaskill says
Wow! I love how you onlY colored a portion of the image and framed it as if framed by a mirror! TFS!
Mary Holshouser says
this is an interesting way of
highlighting the bear.
thanks for sharing.
Simple and fantastic! Love the spotlight on our sweet travel bear in this set. Thank you for sharing!
Viki Banaszak says
This is so cool! It has been a while since I have seen this technique done.
Awwww, unique and creative card, love it.