Hello! I have an adorable House Mouse card to share with you today. Stampendous always release such sweet House Mouse images with every catalog, and I always get so excited to see them. This is Balsam Nap. I am entering this card into the latest House Mouse & Friends Challenge.
*Some affiliate links are used in this post. That means that if you shop through these links, I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you.
HMP146: Balsam Nap
QS5044: Winter Chickadee
EP211: Golden Sand
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
My Colors Cardstock: Aquamarine
Bazzill: Carob Cream
Imagine: Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, VersaMark Ink, Pinecone VersaFine Clair Ink
Copics: Burlap Bag: E21, E35, E37, 0 Lights: G29, G24, B24, B28, R17, R29, Y11, Y35, V09, V17 Mouse: E51, E21, E11, R22, W1, W3, W5 Candy Cane: R29, R11, T2 Blanket: YG41, YG45, G24 Background: W3, E41, BG000
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
1. Stamp Balsam Nap on to Mixed Media White Paper using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
2. Color the stamped image using the Copic markers listed.
3. Trim the colored image to 5″ x (just slightly more than) 3.”
4. Cut a mat of Carob Cream cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 3 1/4.”
5. Create the card base out of Aquamarine cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
6. Apply VersaMark ink to the bottom of the card base, dragging the ink slightly upward, to create almost a brushy look.
7. Apply Golden Sand embossing powder to the wet ink, tap off excess, and heat set.
8. Stamp the sentiment on to the colored image using Pinecone VersaFine Clair Ink.
9. Adhere all layers with Zip Dry Glue.
Coloring this little sweetie was so much fun. I love how it turned out. Please be sure to check out the House Mouse & Friends Challenge as well as the Stampendous Blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!