Hello! I have always loved painting ceramics. During the holidays, I would be painting all sort of figures, houses, and ornaments every year. One year I found 3 angels, and each of them reminded me of my sisters and I. They each resembled us, which was interesting because at the time, we didn’t look very much like each other. When I saw the Angel Hugs stamp from Stampendous, it immediately reminded me of those ceramic angels, because they look like my sisters. I colored them to look just like them, using their favorite childhood colors. My full instructions are below.
*Some affiliate links are used in this post. That means that if you shop through these links, I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you. For more info, please see my Affiliates page.
P380: Angel Hugs
CSL04: Slim Cling Vintage Border
SSC1394: Friends Hug
EP030: Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder
EP226: Champagne Embossing Powder
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
Imagine: VersaMarker, VersaMark Ink, Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: RV10, RV13, YG41, YG45, E11, E25, E47, E50, E51, E59, E93, E95, 100, N4, N6, C0, Y11
My Colors Cardstock: Lime Pop
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Cardstock
Distress Oxides: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
1. Stamp Angel Hugs on to Mixed Media Paper with Tuxedo Black Ink.
2. Color in the stamped image using the Copic markers listed.
3. Apply the VersaMarker to the wings of the angels.
4. Sprinkle Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder to the wings, shake off excess, and heat set.
5. Fussy cut the image.
6. Cut a piece of Smooth Bristol Cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4.”
7. Apply Distress Oxide Inks to the cardstock, starting with Worn Lipstick, then Spun Sugar, then Cracked Pistachio. Heat set.
8. Ink up the Slim Cling Vintage Border stamp with VersaMark ink and apply to the Distress Oxide panel.
9. Sprinkle Champagne Embossing Powder on to the panel, shake off excess, and heat set.
10. Stamp the sentiment on to Kraft cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink.
11. Die cut the sentiment.
12. Apply VersaMark ink to the edges of the sentiment.
13. Sprinkle Champagne Embossing Powder on to the panel, shake off excess, and heat set.
14. Create the card base out of Lime Pop cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
15. Adhere all layers except the angels with Zip Dry Glue.
16. Adhere the angels with Foam Squares.
I think this card is so sweet and pretty. I love the hugging angels, and the touches of gold in the background give it some elegance. Please visit the Stampendous Blog for more ideas. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Thank you so much for your kind words!