Hello! My mom is a quilter. She has made so many over the years and they’re all so unique. She tends to make quilts that look very modern and chic, but she has made some more traditional looking quilts for others. Stampendous recently came out with the Quilt Hugs stamps, and even though she doesn’t stamp too often, I bet she would enjoy using this set. My full instructions are below.
*Some affiliate links are used in this post at no cost to you. For more info, please see my Affiliates page.
SSC1400: Quilt Hugs
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
My Colors Cardstock: Lilac Mist, Lime Pop, Atlantic Shore, Yellow Corn, Coral Rose
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Copic Markers: E95, B00, BV13, YG07, YG11, Y02, Y11, YR61, BV02, R32, RV10.
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp the Quilt Hugs and sentiment on to Mixed Media White Paper with VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black.
2. Color the stamped image using the Copic colors listed.
3. Cut the colored image out.
4. Create the card base out of Lilac Mist cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
5. Cut strips and pieces of the other cardstock colors listed to add to the card base, creating it’s own patchwork or quilt.
6. Add details to some of those pieces of cardstock with YG07, BV13, YR61.
7. Adhere all of the elements to the card base with EZ Runner.
I went with a really soft color palette for this card. What colors would you use? Is there a quilter in your life that would love a card made with these stamps? Visit the Stampendous Blog for more ideas. I’ll have another card to share tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!