Hello! Today I am sharing a card that uses a beautiful new stamp set from Stampendous called Moonlit Wings. Now, this card doesn’t use any of the moons or the winged creatures in the set, but I think this card is lovely anyway. This is a simple card to make! My full instructions are below.
SSC2205: Moonlit Wings
DP111: Detail Black Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Concord Jam
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, Kaleidacolor Inks in Vinyard, Ink Potion No. 9
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares or Circles
Rectangular Acrylic Block
1. Cut a piece of watercolor paper to 3 1/4″ x 4 5/8.” This measurement could change depending on the size of your block.
2. Swipe the Vineyard Kaleidacolor Inks across your acrylic block side to side until you get good coverage of ink.
3. Spray the block with Ink Potion No. 9 a few times so that the ink begins to blend a little.
4. Lay the inked block on to your watercolor paper and apply something heavy on top for about 5 minutes.
5. Apply VersaMark Ink to the Moonlit Wings stamp.
6. Stamp the image on to the dried Vineyard inks.
7. Sprinkle the image with Detail Black Embossing Powder, tap off excess, and heat set.
8. Tear or use an Edge Distresser (mine is from Heidi Swapp) along the edges of the watercolor paper.
9. Create the card base out of Concord Jam cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
10. Apply foam tape to the back of the watercolor panel and adhere to the card base.
Super simple, right? And imagine all of the color possibilities when you take a look at the full range of the Kaleidacolor Ink line. Of course, there are other ways to achieve this look, and I will have another version to share with you soon. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!