Hello! Spring is finally here and I am starting to see bees buzzing around. I am so happy to see flowers blooming again, so I thought this was the perfect time to share this card with you. I used the House Mouse Bumble Bee Fun stamp from Stampendous because it is just so happy! Look at that little mouse’s face…it’s filled with joy! My full instructions on how to create this card are below.
HMR145: Bumble Bee Fun
SSC1331: Bird Frame Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
My Colors Cardstock: Lilac Mist
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne and Twilight, On Point Glue, Heliotrope VersaColor Ink
Doodles Paper Playground: Sweet Boy Sparkle Blend
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: 010, 024, 028, 035, 043, 050, 052, 064, 065, 072, 075, 093, 302, 900
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Blue Artist’s Chalk
Krylon: Workable Fixative
1. Stamp Bumble Bee Fun with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne on to Mixed Media Paper.
2. Color the image using the Zig markers listed.
3. Add blue chalk to the sky.
4. Spray the image with Workable Fixative to protect the chalk.
5. Trim the colored image down to 5″ x 4 3/4.”
6. Stamp the sentiment from the Bird Frame stamp set with VersaFine Clair Ink in Twilight.
7. Create the card base out of Lilac Mist cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
8. Ink the bottom and the top sides of the card base with Heliotrope VersaColor Ink.
9. Glue the colored layer to the card base.
10. Apply the Sweet Boy Sparkle Blend randomly to the background and adhere with Onn Point Glue.
I may have gone a little crazy with the sequins, but I was imagining little bursts of light, kind of like a bokeh effect, done with the Sparkle Blend. I am entering this card into the latest House Mouse and Friends Challenge which is #337: Easter/Spring. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more creations. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!