Greetings! I know….Christmas is over. But I just didn’t’ have a chance to share this card sooner. Plus, you can easily change the sentiment on the bottom of the card to suit your needs. Gnomes and snowmen don’t have to be for Christmas. Isn’t this a cute little trio? This stamp is called “Snome Buddies“, and it’s from Stampendous. My full instructions are below.
RS-P362: Snome Buddies
DCP1019: Truck Load Die Set
EP525: Sparkle Puff Embossing Powder
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
My Colors Cardstock: Parrot, Firecracker
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, VersaMark Ink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: 024, 028, 029, 041, 043, 044, 045, 050, 070, 071, 072, 091, 260, 302
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Edge Distressor (optional)
1. Stamp the Snome Buddies on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine ink.
2. Color the stamped image using the Zig Pens listed.
3. Trim the image and tear up the edges with an Edge Distressor.
4. Cut a piece of Parrot cardstock to the size of 4 1/4″ 4.”
5. Apply VersaMark Ink to the bottom of the Parrot cardstock.
6. Sprinkle on Sparkle Puff Embossing Powder, shake off excess, and heat set.
7. Create the card base out of Firecracker cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
8. Die cut the sentiment from the Truck Load die set out of Parrot and Mixed Media White cardstock.
9. Apply a little Zig #302 to the white die cut word.
10. Adhere all layers using EZ Runner.
I love the texture from the torn edges and the “snow” from the embossing powder. The design is clean and simple otherwise, but adding those areas of texture make the card more interesting, I think. What ways do you like to add texture? Do you make holiday cards all year, or only in November and December? Be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see other fun creations from the team. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!