Greetings! Today I have a card using one of the newest Stampendous stamp sets, called Sketchy Birds. The birds in this set are very sweet, but I only used one of them on today’s card.
SSC2004: Sketchy Birds
MPW811: Mixed Media White Paper
My Colors Cardstock: Lilac Mist, Grasshopper
Imagine Crafts: VersaMagic Ink: Pretty Petunia, Pink Petunia, Tea Leaves. VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black. VersaFine Clair Ink in Monarch.
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens: 050, 051, 064, 091, 094
Canson Mixed Media Paper
1. Stamp the Sketchy Bird with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black on to Canson Mixed Media Paper.
2. Color the bird with the marker colors listed. I colored mine to look like a Western Robin.
3. Fussy cut the bird.
4. Create the card base out of Lilac Mist cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 11.”
5. Cut a piece of Mixed Media Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4.”
6. Stamp the foliage and small flowers on to the white panel with VersaMagic Inks.
7. Stamp the sentiment with VersaFine Clair ink in Monarch on to Grasshopper cardstock.
8. Trim the sentiment and cut a “banner” on the left side.
9. Adhere all layers with EZ Runner.
I really enjoy creating backgrounds with the small stamps that are often included in many stamp sets. You can create so many different looks, depending on how many stamps you use, the colors, etc. I’ll be back with a new project soon. Be sure to head over to the Stampendous Blog for more ideas. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!