Hello! I enjoy a good pun, and my card today has one for the Star Wars fans (like myself) out there. This focal stamp is from Stampendous, and when I saw the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is “Add a Sentiment,” I knew this would be perfect to use. My full instructions are below.
: May the Fork
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
EP218: Sapphire PearlLustre Embossing Powder
EP219: Amethyst PearLustre Embossing Powder
Imagine: VersaMark Ink, Brilliance Re-Inker in Moonlight White, VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, Memento Markers in Gray Flannel, London Fog, Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand, Sweet Plum, Lulu Lavender, Summer Sky, New Sprout, Elderberry, Teal Zeal, Nautical Blue
My Colors Cardstock: Black Magic
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Canson: Mixed Media XL paper
1. Stamp the May the Fork image on to Canson Mixed Media paper with VersaFine Ink.
2. Color the image with the Memento markers listed.
3. Die cut the image with the Large “P” die from the Fitted Frames Set B.
4. Create the card base out of Black Magic cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
5. Apply VersaMark ink to the top and bottom of the front panel of the card base.
6. Sprinkle the 2 areas with Sapphire PearLustre embossing powder, and heat to melt the powder.
7. Apply VersaMark ink to the other 2 sides of the card.
8. Sprinkle Amethyst PearLustre embossing powder on the 2 sides and heat set.
9. Squirt a drop of Brilliance re-inker in Moonlight White on to an acrylic block and add a few drops of water.
10. Mix the water and ink together, and flick the ink off the edge of the block with a brush, on to the card base to create stars. Let dry.
11. Adhere stamped layer to the card base.
I love the 2 different colors of embossing powder that I used on opposite sides of the card panel. They really help to bring out the colors I used in the image itself. Since the stamp is so big, you don’t really need to do too much else to your card. I kept it pretty simple. I hope you’ll give one of my techniques a try. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Lisa Noriega says
I love it!!! And I love how you explain your techniques. The card is perfect for Star wars day!!!