Happy December! I cannot believe that the holiday season is officially in full swing. I’ve got plenty of holiday cards to share with you this month. I’m sure Phoenix and Rhiannon will too. Today, I have a pretty simple card that is easy to replicate. Getting many cards done quickly during a busy season is always helpful, and although this is a fast one to make, it is still very pretty. My full instructions are below.
QS5042: Poinsettia Greeting
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
Bo Bunny: Wasabi Vintage #12″WV982 and Wild Berry #12″WBV999
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, On Point Glue
Zig Clean Color Markers: 024, 029, 043, 044, 050, 260
Spectrum Noir: Sparkle Pen in Holly Leaf
The Ink Road: Flat Backed Half Gems in Max Red
Posca Pen in White
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp the Poinsettia and the sentiment on to Mixed Media Paper with Nocturne Ink.
2. Color the Poinsettia with the Zig Clean Color Markers listed.
3. Add highlights to the poinsettia with the Posca Pen.
4. Fussy cut the colored image, leaving a bit of a white border.
5. Die cut the sentiment with the Large “J” Fitted Frame.
6. Apply the Holly Leaf Sparkle Pen around the edge of the die cut sentiment.
7. Create the card base out of Wild Berry Vintage cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
8. Tear a piece of Wasabi Vintage cardstock and adhere to the card base.
9. Adhere the poinsettia and the sentiment to the card base with EZ Runner.
10. Apply some Max Red gems with On Point Glue.
I love that you can use up some patterned paper scraps on this card. Combining different patterned papers is something I really enjoy doing. And I love this bold poinsettia that’s front and center. I’ll have another holiday card to share with you soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!