Hello! Have you seen the latest Stampendous stamps? The July catalog is out and the stamps have been loaded to the web site! Trust me, if you love Christmas and Halloween, you will not want to miss this release. We are going to begin by celebrating Christmas in July. My card today is one of my favorites that I made for this release. I live on Long Island, so the beach is never far away. I thought this image was really lovely, and although I wouldn’t want to spend Christmas on a Long Island beach (it is waaaay too cold!), I do think it would be fun somewhere tropical. My full instructions are below.
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Atlantic Shore
Neenah: Desert Storm Cardstock
Imagine: VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, VersaMark Ink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 021, 024, 029, 031, 037, 042, 044, 064, 070, 072, 075, 092, 098, 220, 222, 302, 303, 900, 901
Ranger: Distress Oxide in Salty Ocean
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp Seaside Christmas on to Mixed Media Paper with Nocturne Ink.
2. Color the stamped image with the markers listed.
3. Trim the colored image.
4. Create the card base with Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2.”
5. Cut a mat of Desert Storm cardstock, cut to 5″ x 3 3/4.”
6. Ink the bottom edge of the Desert Storm mat with VersaMark ink.
7. Sprinkle Golden Sand Embossing Powder on to the wet ink, shake off excess, and heat set.
8. Cut a mat of Atlantic Shore cardstock, cut to 4 3/4″ x approx. 3 1/2.”
9. Tear the bottom edge of the Atlantic Shore Mat.
10. Ink the torn edge with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink.
11. Adhere all layers with EZ Runner.
Have you ever spent Christmas on a beach? Would you want to? This scene seems so much more tranquil than the usual hustle and bustle of Christmastime. Once can dream, right? Be sure to head over to Stampendous to see what else is new. You can visit the Stampendous Blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with too. I’ll be back with another Christmas in July post later this week. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!