Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team is sharing “Holiday Leftovers.” Projects that we made for the holidays that we haven’t had an opportunity to share yet. My card for today features the stamp called “Buck Scene.” I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. The theme is “Warm Winter Wishes.” My complete instructions are below.
P323: Buck Scene
EP231: Lapis Pearlustre Embossing Powder
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side
Artist’s Loft: Watercolor Paper
Imagine: VersaMark Ink
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, and Faded Jeans
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
Anti-Static Powder Tool
Water Spritzer Bottle
1. Cut a piece of watercolor paper down to 4″ x 5 1/4.”
2. Apply all of the Distress Oxide Inks (except Black Soot) to an Acrylic Handle and spritz with water.
3. Using a round brush, apply some water to the watercolor paper, and then begin to apply the wet inks to the paper randomly, concentrating color in the center.
4. Use a heat tool to speed up the drying process.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the desired look is achieved.
6. Apply Black Soot Oxide Ink to the background using your preferred technique.
7. Apply more of the original colors on top, if desired.
8. Once the background is dry, use and anti-static powder tool all over the background to prevent the embossing powder from sticking where it shouldn’t.
9. Stamp the Buck Scene in the center of the background with VersaMark Ink.
10. Sprinkle Lapis Pearlustre embossing powder on top of the stamped image, shake off excess, and heat set.
11. Create the card base out of Ocean Side cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
12. Adhere the watercolored and stamped layer to the card base.
This is a very quick card to make, as you don’t need to spend time coloring anything in. If you are someone that always has some pre-made backgrounds on hand, the Buck Scene stamp may be perfect for easy holiday cards for you. I’ll have some more “Holiday Leftovers” throughout the week, so I hope you will visit again. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Thank you so much for your kind words!