Hello and welcome back! Today I have a project for the Stampendous 31 Days of Halloween. This is actually my first of 2 posts for today (crazy, right?!). If you would like to see my second post (It’s got more Stampendous goodies!) lease click HERE. Ok, on to my first project…so maybe this isn’t the most Halloween card I could make, but have you seen all of the dragon skeletons at Big Lots and other stores? So I thought this card would fit right in when you keep those amazing decorations in mind. I think the Dragon Skeleton stamp is totally cool, and I really want one of the 6ft skeletons to display on my roof all year long. For now, I have to settle for this stamp though. My full instructions are below.
My Colors Cardstock: Brown Eyes
Imagine: VersaMark Ink
Neenah: Desert Storm Cardstock
Ranger: Distress Oxide Ink- Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Black Soot. Ink Blending Tools
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. On a piece of Kraft cardstock, stamp the Dragon Skeleton with VersaMark Ink.
2. Sprinkle Seasonings Embossing Enamel on top of the inked image and heat set.
3. Tear the edges of the cardstock around the dragon.
4. Using an Ink Blending Tool, apply Antique Linen Distress Oxide to the outer edges around the dragon.
5. Using a new pad on the Ink Blending Tool, apply Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink around the dragon, but a bit closer to the edges.
6. Using a 3rd pad, apply Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink around the dragon, closer to the edge.
7. Buff Black Soot Distress Oxide on the edge of the Kraft cardstock.
8. Apply some drops of water to the inked areas, let them sit for a minute, and blot with a paper towel.
9. Create the card base out of Brown Eyes cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.”
10. Apply VersaMark Ink to 2 sides of the base.
11. Sprinkle Aged Black Embossing Enamel to the two inked sides and heat from underneath.
12. Repeat steps 10 & 11 with the other 2 sides.
13. Adhere dragon layer to the card base.
I love all of the texture and color variation on this card. It was a blast to make. That Aged Black embossing powder makes me swoon every time I use it. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to get links to all of the posts for the month of October. I’ll be back soon with more. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular day!