Hello! The Stampendous Design Team has been giving some sneak peeks to some of the new stamps that will be in the July catalog this week. Today, I am sharing one of the new Laurel Burch stamps, called Feline Christmas. I really like this stamp, and I loved coloring it. The image is large enough that you don’t need to do much more to the card, except perhaps throw on a sentiment like I did. My full instructions are below.
My Colors Cardstock: Parrot
Bo Bunny: Powder Blue Vintage Double Dot- #12PBV968
Imagine: VersaFine Clair: Nocturne Ink, StazOn: Spiced Chai Ink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 022, 023, 029, 032, 036, 043, 040, 041, 044, 045, 050, 065, 068, 070, 260
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: EZ Runner
1. Stamp Feline Christmas on to Mixed Media Paper using VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne.
2. Color the stamped image with the Zig Markers listed.
3. Die cut the colored image using the Small “W” Fitted Frame.
4. Die cut a piece of Parrot cardstock using the Large “W” Fitted Frame.
5. Create the card base using Powder Blue Vintage Double Dot, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11.” If you don’t want the entire card to be made of this cardstock, simply cut a panel that is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and create the card base out of white heavy weight cardstock.
6. Stamp a sentiment from the Holiday Wishes stamp set with SPiced Chai StazOn ink. You do not need to use StazOn, I just thought the color was perfect. So any brown you have will do.
7. Glue all layers using EZ Runner adhesive.
What colors would you use for the cat? I purposely shied away from the traditional red and green. I thought that the orange and blue would be fun, and since they are opposite on the color wheel, I knew they would really pop. I’ll have another new project to share soon so I hope you’ll visit me again when I do. Please visit the Stampendous Blog to see more projects from the team. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!