Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team is focusing on “The Reason for the Season.” I wanted to share a tag I with perhaps the sweetest little nativity stamp ever. This was a very quick tag to create, using only 3 colors of Distress Oxide inks for color. But the effect created is sweet and serene…just perfect for this stamp. My complete instructions are below.
Sizzix: 658784- Framelets Tag
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black, VersaMarker Pen
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber, Faded Jeans, and Wilted Violet, Ink Blending Tools
Creative Impressions: 70255: Blue Glimmer Ribbon
Spray Bottle filled with water
EK Success Powder Tool
Canson Mixed Media Paper
1. Die cut the 1 5/8″ x 3 1/4″ tag from the Framelets set out of Mixed Media Paper.
2. Apply a small circle of Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide using the Ink Blending Tool near the center of the tag where the star will be.
3. Apply Faded Jeans Distress Oxide around the Fossilized Amber, blending slightly. Leave room for the Wilted Violet.
4. Apply Wilted Violet to the rest of the tag, blending slightly with the Faded Jeans.
5. Spritz the tag lightly with water. Allow the water to sit on the ink for a bit to lift the color. You can either let it air dry, dab with a paper towel, or use a heat tool.
6. Apply the powder tool across the tag to be sure the ink is dry and that your embossing powder won’t stick anywhere but where you want it.
7. Stamp the image with VersaFine ink in Onyx Black.
8. Emboss the image with Detail Black Embossing Powder.
9. Apply the VersaMarker to the edges of the tag and the center of the star.
10. Sprinkle with Star Dust Embossing Powder and heat set.
11. Tie ribbon to the tag.
Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog for more creations. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!