Greetings! You must be looking at the photo below wondering, where is Alison’s Halloween project??? No worries, I’ve got my Day 17 post up, it’s just the post before this one. You can check it out HERE. But wait! Before you go, why not take a look at these Playful Pups? I am submitting it to the latest Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which just happens to be, “It’s a Dog’s Life.” My full instructions are below.
LBP008: Laurel Burch Playful Pups
SSCL103: Laurel Burch Floral Greetings Perfectly Clear Stamps
My Colors Cardstock: Caribbean Sea, Black Velvet
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 020, 021, 023, 031, 032, 033, 036, 037, 041, 042, 044, 048, 050, 052, 053, 080, 082
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks- Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Lucky Clover, Black Soot, Craft Mat
Canson: Mixed Media Paper
Kokuyo: Dot ‘N Roller
Kodak: Instant Dry 4″ x 6″
1. Stamp the Playful Pups on to Mixed Media Paper with VersaFine Ink.
2. Color the image with the Zig Markers listed.
3. Fussy cut the image.
4. Create a mat around the stamped images with Black Velvet cardstocks, cutting the cardstock using the image as a guide and adhere together.
5. Create the card base out of Caribbean Sea cardstock, cut to the size of 5 1/2″ x 8.”
6. Apply Distress Oxide Ink to craft mat and spritz with water.
7. Drag Instant Dry photo paper through wet ink. Heat set.
8. Dab photo paper in wet ink again and heat set. Repeat until you achieve the desired look.
9. The chalk finish of the Distress Oxide Ink can rub off of this paper, so you may choose to buff it off with a tissue for a more vibrant look.
10. Trim photo paper down to 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4.”
11. Glue the dogs to the photo paper.
12. Attach photo paper to card base.
13. Stamp “friends” on photo paper with Black Soot ink.
Thanks for sticking around until the end! I hope you try this technique on photo paper yourself! Have an inspiring day!
Mary Holshouser says
Love the fussy cutting.
thanks for sharing.
Andrea Ockey Parr says
What a WOW piece! I love color and am so impressed with the way you blended it so perfectly here! This is an explosion of color and energy, yet everything looks amazing balanced and is a feast for the eyes. I love the background and how it pairs with your central images so well. I love your bright take on our challenge theme and am so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!