Hello! Today is Day 26 of the 31 Days of Halloween. My card today features the Haunted Tree stamp from Stampendous, cardstock, and not much else. You can get a cool card without a lot of “stuff” depending on how you use the basics, which in this case is cardstock. Below is my full tutorial on how to make this card.
R295: Haunted Tree
My Colors Cardstock: Velvet Night, Plum, Evergreen, Grasshopper
Imagine: VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Zig Clean Color Markers: 035, 043, 044, 062, 065, 068, 075, 083, 091, 093, 096, 901
Heidi Swapp: Edge Distresser
Canson Mixed Media Paper
Scotch ATG Gun
1. Stamp the Haunted Tree with Onyx Black VersaFine on to Mixed Media Paper.
2. Color the image using the listed Zig Clean Color Markers listed. Use the water brush as desired.
3. Crop the image.
4. Use the Edge Distresser to tear up the edge of the colored image.
5. Create the card base out of Kraft cardstock, cut to the size of 6 1/2″ x 10.”
6. Cut pieces of Velvet Night, Plum, Evergreen, and Grasshopper to 4 1/2″ wide.
7. Tear the bottom of each of the above mentioned cardstocks to create a rough edge.
8. Layer the colors together from Grasshopper on the bottom, followed by Evergreen, then Plum, and lastly Velvet Night. The cardstock height altogether should be approximately 5 1/2″ high.
9. Attach the cardstocks to the Kraft card base.
10. Attach the Haunted Tree to the card.
Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers by clicking on their links below. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fangtastic day!
Lost Coast Designs/Carmen’s Veranda
Alison (that’s me!)
The Altered Paper says
Loving the haunted tree! Beautiful coloring, great design and layering! thealteredpaper USA
Denise Bryant says
Awesome Haunted Tree scene! Love the coloring! Great card!
Tour background is fantastic. Going to give it a try today! I really like this stamp-A LOT! Wish I could color as well as you. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration and great tutorial.
Great haunted tree on your card and colours!
Mary Holshouser says
that tree is spooktacular.
Love that big yawning mouth.
thanks for sharing.
sharon g says
WOW, I LOVE THAT TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really like how you colored it–nice shading so it looks like a real tree–3D. NICE
Terrific job on
Carla from Utah
Billie Dee says
I really like that tree! Such personality!
That is one spooky tree. Love this. Hugz
Susan Renshaw says