Hello! During the month of September, the Imagine Artists in Residence were challenged to use the super lustrous Delicata Inks. Well, this is no challenge for me, as I absolutely LOVE these inks. They have the most beautiful glimmer to them. All of the inks used on my card today are Delicata inks. And perhaps you are noticing a few new colors… In August, Imagine introduced 6 brand new Delicata colors, and today I am using 4 of them. My card uses stamps from the Hero Arts “You Are Loved” stamp set. I love this set becuase of all of the beautiful messages it has, but also because a portion of the proceeds go to an anti-bullying campaign.
1. Stamp the globe on to Smooth Bristol Paper (it doesn’t have to be this paper, but I love how smooth it is, and that it holds ink really well) with VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black. Emboss the image with Black Embossing Powder.
2. Using a Brush Tip Fantastix, apply the Emerald Green Delicata Ink to where the “land” is.
3. Use another Brush Tip Fantastix to apply the “sea” with Sapphire Blue Delicata Ink. If some color gets on to the embossed areas, don’t worry. Heat set the ink to speed up drying time (be careful not to remelt the embossing powder), and then you can wipe away the excess.
4. Cut the globe out and set aside.
5. On a piece of vellum, stamp the sentiment with Ruby Red Delicata Ink. Heat setting is required to make the ink permanent on vellum.
6. Die cut the sentiment with the Large “G” Fitted Frame. Set aside.
7. Create the card base with a textured black cardstock. Cut it to 5 1/2″ x 8.” Fold in half.
8. Swipe Champagne Delicata Ink across the card in a horizontal arc. Repeat a couple of times until you get the look you want.
9. Start to lay out your elements to figure out the placement. I added some sparkly washi tape that I thought went well with the Delicata Ink.
10. To get even more shine, I added stars from the same stamp set with Celestial Copper Delicata Ink.
11. Since Vellum is transparent, you don’t want your adhesive to show. Place mini Glue Dots were it will be hidden, such as under the globe, and behind the star.
12. Adhere the globe with black foam squares.
13. For additional dimension, I used irRESISTables Pico Embellisher in Shimmer. The photo above shows them while they are still wet.
Just look at all of that fantastic shine!
Thank you for checking out my tutorial today. If you haven’t already, I really encourage you to try out any of the Delicata Inks. They are even more beautiful in person. Have an inspiring day!
Delicata Inks in Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Champagne, Celestial Copper
VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Black Embossing Powder
Fantastix: Brush Tip
irRESISTables Pico Embellisher in Shimmer
Hero Arts: You Are Loved Stamp Set
Stampendous: Fitted Frames Set B
Queen & Co.: Washi Tape
Glue Dots: Mini
Scrapbook Adhesives: Black Foam Squares
Strathmore: Smooth Bristol Paper
Black Textured Cardstock
Skill Level: Beginner
Time to Complete: 20 Minutes, plus drying time
Gorgeous!! So, the answer is "Yes! I need the new Delicata ink". Congrats for enabling the enabler. 😀