Spring has sprung and in the NY area, there are flower shows popping up everywhere. This included the Orchid Show at the NY Botanical Gardens. I’ve never gotten a chance to go, but I’d love to see it some day. In honor of that, here is a card I made using the Tall Orchid Stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils.
Zig Clean Color Markers: 044, 045, 050, 051, 082
Canson Mixed Media Paper
My Colors: Brown Eyes, Fireflies
Creative Impressions Robbon 1/4″ Mini Check Yellow & White Gingham- #80172
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dy Glue
Scrapbook Adhesieves: White Foam Squares
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Dark Green Cardstock: unknown
1. Tape stencil to Mixed Media Paper. Color the stencil in with the Zig Markers listed above. Remove stencil and crop.
2. Create a mat of Fireflies cardstock to the size of 5 1/2″ x 2 1/4.” Cut a strip of Snapdragon cardstock to the size of 4″ x 2.” Make the card base out of Brown Eyes to the size of 5 1/2″ x 8.”
3. Using the Sun & Rain stamp, stamp a piece of dark green cardstock with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle Detail White Embossing Powder on top, shake off the excess and heat emboss. Using a Corner Rounder, round the upper left and lower right.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon, as listed above, and adhere to the Snapdragon piece, about a 1/4″ from the bottom using Zip Dry Glue. Wrap the edges around the cardstock to give it a cleaner look.
5. Attach all layers to the card base with Zip Dry, except for the sentiment. Attach that with foam squares.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!