Spring has sprung and in the NY area, there are flower shows popping up everywhere. This included the Orchid Show at the NY Botanical Gardens. I’ve never gotten a chance to go, but I’d love to see it some day. In honor of that, here is a card I made using the Tall Orchid Stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils.
DWLL3006: Tall Orchid Stencil
V327: Sun and Rain Stamp
50445: Detail White Embossing Powder
VM001: VersaMark Ink
Zig Clean Color Markers: 044, 045, 050, 051, 082
Canson Mixed Media Paper
My Colors: Brown Eyes, Fireflies
Creative Impressions Robbon 1/4″ Mini Check Yellow & White Gingham- #80172
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dy Glue
Scrapbook Adhesieves: White Foam Squares
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Dark Green Cardstock: unknown
1. Tape stencil to Mixed Media Paper. Color the stencil in with the Zig Markers listed above. Remove stencil and crop.
2. Create a mat of Fireflies cardstock to the size of 5 1/2″ x 2 1/4.” Cut a strip of Snapdragon cardstock to the size of 4″ x 2.” Make the card base out of Brown Eyes to the size of 5 1/2″ x 8.”
3. Using the Sun & Rain stamp, stamp a piece of dark green cardstock with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle Detail White Embossing Powder on top, shake off the excess and heat emboss. Using a Corner Rounder, round the upper left and lower right.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon, as listed above, and adhere to the Snapdragon piece, about a 1/4″ from the bottom using Zip Dry Glue. Wrap the edges around the cardstock to give it a cleaner look.
5. Attach all layers to the card base with Zip Dry, except for the sentiment. Attach that with foam squares.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Thank you so much for your kind words!