Greetings! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing projects that are “Snow Wonderful.” That is, they’ve got some snow elements on them. My card features Furry Friends, which is a very sweet image. Here’s how to make it.
- I stamped out and then colored the Furry Friends image with the Chameleon Pens listed in the supplies. Next, she fussy cut the image out, but left a thin white border around the image so as to not lose the fuzziness of the animals.
- The card base was cut to 5 1/2″ x 8.” The color is called Tropical.
- I then used 2 Spellbinders Card Creator dies to cut the mats. She used 2 Scoops in Cookies & Cream (the pre-textured cardstock), and Kachina.
- On the Kachina piece of cardstock, I took Pearlescent Embossing Paste and applied it to look like snow around all 4 edges with her palette knife, doing 2 sides at a time. She then sprinkled Crystal Embossing Powder on the first 2 sides, and heat set it. She next repeated this on the 2 other sides.
- Next, Chestnut Roan ink was applied to the Cookies & Cream colored cardstock around the edges. Versamark Watermark Ink was applied to the card base around all 4 edges, and then Vintage Lilac Embossing Tinsel was sprinkled on to the edges and heat set.
- All layers were then glued, and 2 foam dots were applied to the antlers and bird to accommodate the thickness of the card.
P270 Furry Friends
FRGL01 Multi Crystal Glitter Mix
TP119 Vintage Lilac Tinsel Embossing Powder
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
VM001 Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
DWDPP Pearlescent Embossing Paste
DWDPK Palette Knife
Chameleon Markers: BR2, BR5, BG4, VO4, CG8, PK3, YL2, BL3, YG3
Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Spellbinders Card Creator Dies: A-2 Matting Basics A Set
Chestnut Roan Ink by Clear Snap
Zip Dry™ Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives