Season’s Greetings! Today, I am sharing a new card tutorial featuring some of the wonderful products from Imagine. We were given the themes of “White” and ” Shimmer and Sparkle” for the month of December, so I decided to combine the 2 into one card.
1. Tape the stencil to smooth white cardstock. Scoop out some Chartreuse Creative Medium and glob it at the top of the stencil. Be sure to have the Creative Medium spanning the entire with of the stencil.
2. Holding the palette knife at a 45 degree angle, spread the Creative Medium in a single, smooth sweep across the entire stencil. If any spots are missed, you can touch them up, but try not to overwork the Creative Medium.
3. Remove the stencil and wash off any excess Creative Medium. Let the paste dry on your cardstock.
4. Trim the dried piece and use a corner rounder punch on each corner.
5. Spray with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle. You can see some of the sparkle in the photo above. In real life, it glimmers so beautifully. But it’s tough to capture it on camera. You can also see the pretty opalescent green shimmer of the Chartreuse Creative Medium.
6. Create the card base with a textured white cardstock. Cut to 8″ x 5 1/2.” Spray the card with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You can see the shine in the above photo. Again, it is much more visible in real life.
7. Using Tombow’s foam tape, apply 4 strips across the back of the stenciled layer for rigidity. Press on to card base.
The card is finished! It’s subtle, but elegant and full of shimmer ans sparkle. I hope you’ll give this white on white look a try!