Hello, today I have a Fall themed card to share that features a coloring technique using Fantastix by Imagine.
Kaleidacolor: Cappuccino Delight and Vineyard
Fantastix: Bullet and Brush Tips
Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Sparkle
Memento: Potters Clay
VersaFine: Onyx Black
Ink Potion No. 9
1. Stamp the bird with VersaFine ink. Using the lightest shade in the Cappuccino Delight Kaleidacolor palette, ink a brush tipped Fantastix and begin to apply it to the chest of the bird. I wasted to give the bird a soft, brushy look, so I didn’t apply my colors to heavily.
2. Move through the color palette to achieve the desired look on the bird. The brush tip Fantastix is perfect for fine detail work. You can see that I also kept out my simple color chart of the Kalediacolor set, so that I can see exactly how the shades will look when they are dry.
3. After you have colored the bird to your liking, die or fussy cut the image out.
4. Use the accompanying stencil (a tree) to create the background. Tape the stencil to your paper. Using the bullet tipped Fantastix and the Vineyard Kaleidacolor, apply the taupe color to the stencil. Again, I did not go heavy with the color. Instead, I shadowed the tree branches, and pulled the color upward lightly. Next, use the gray tone in the palette to add some dimension and weathering. You can apply some Ink Potion No. 9 with a brush to the branches to blend the colors a bit.
5. Apply the green shade to the leaves. Then use the lightest shade in the Cappuccino Delight palette to give the branches more of a Fall look. Apply the middle shade of the Cappuccino Delight palette to the berries. Remove the stencil.
6. Apply VersaMagic in Wheat to the border. Spray Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle from high above the stenciled image. Don’t spray it too close, or you could wet the stenciled ink too much. You can see a bit of the sparkle below.
7. Apply Potter’s Clay Memento to the card base. Glue the stenciled image to the card base, and the bird to one of the branches.
Here is the completed card. I love the soft, painterly look the Fantastix create. Thank you for checking out my project!