Greetings! Welcome to Day 21 of the 31 Days of Halloween. It’s no secret that Halloween is my absolute favorite time of the year, and when I’m crafting or decorating for this very special season (a day is just not long enough!), I like to make things that are creepy. I don’t do the full on gore, and I try not to go super cutsie. I prefer to be a little off-putting and eerie, and I think my card today shows that. Here’s a full tutorial.
Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle
Vertigo in Tilted
StazOn in Claret & Jet Black
irRESISTable in Love Letter
Memento in Tuxedo Black
EK Success Jack O Lantern layer punch
Stampendous Fitted Frames Set B
Xyron: Creative Station
Scrapbook Adhesieves: Foam Squares
May Arts Ribbon
Inkadinkado Halloween sentiment stamp
Gray and orange cardstock
White card base
1. Punch 2 layers of the pumpkin. I did a reverse on the colors to add some additional visual interest, so my base pumpkin is orange, and the top layer is black. Spritz the orange layer with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle.
2. Die cut Tilted Vertigo using the large “M” Fitted Frame. Die cut a mat in gray using the small “P” Fitted Frame. Ink the edges of the Vertigo with Claret StazOn.
3. Trim a light gray mat to fit on your card base. Spray the outer edges of the mat with Love Letter irRESISTable and let dry. I love how this looks like drops of blood!
4. Place all of the pieces o your card base to determine where you’d like your sentiment to go. Once you’ve determined the placement, stamp the sentiment with StazOn in Jet Black.
5. Ink the gray die cut mat and the card base with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
6. Glue all of the pieces except the pumpkin with your favorite glue. I used Xyron’s Creative Station for most of it. Use black foam squares to pop up the pumpkin. Slide the ribbon underneath and add more black foam squares (trimmed down) to adhere the ribbon in a wavy, 3D design.
There you have it! A kinda creepy Halloween card using lots of fabulous Imagine products.
Skill Level: Easy
Time to Create: 20 Minutes, plus drying time
Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, they are located in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooky day!
Viki Banaszak says
This is spooky! Don't look into the mirror. You may see something scary.
Mary Holshouser says
Kind of creepy but kind of cute too.
Love all of the blood splatters.
thanks for sharing.
Susan Salyer says
awesome bloody project..lol I know this is your favorite time of year. Hugs
Susan Renshaw says
Love all the red splatters…
Rebecca Yahrling says
This is just yucky … in a hauntingly good way. 🙂