Summer is upon us, and isn’t it nice to kick back with a refreshing glass of lemonade? Today, I am going to share how the VersaMarker makes embossing specific areas easy.
Sweet Stamp Shop: Froyo and Friends, Treats
Stampendous: Scenic Selections Embossing Powder Kit (EK141), Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adhesieves: Zip Dry Glue
Cardstock in shades of yellow and light blue
May Arts: Ribbon
1. Stamp the Drink on to Mixed Media Paper with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Using the VersaMarker’s bullet tip, color in the drink itself, and sprinkle Clear Yellow Embossing Powder on top, and heat with embossing gun. This is a technique that you really can’t achieve with anything other than the VersaMarker.
2. Color the flag on the straw in the same way, and use Ruby Red Embossing Powder on it. Heat set. Add a little color to the top of the glass with the Summer Sky Memento Marker. Fussy cut the 2 completed drinks.
3. To create the card base, cut a piece of yellow cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8.” Make a mat of light blue cardstock to fit on the base. Cut an oval in pale yellow cardstock to the size of 3″ x 2 1/4.” Using the VersaMarker, draw a faux stitch around the edge and emboss it with Periwinkle. Make a small blue oval to 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4.” Stamp “yum” all over it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
4. On the blue mat, stamp the same drink stamp all over using the VersaMark ink pad. Heat emboss with Baby Blue.
5. Cut and glue a piece of yellow ribbon to the blue mat. Find a spot to stamp the Treatyoself stamp and ink with VersaMarker. Heat emboss with Ruby Red.
6. Glue all pieces down with Zip Dry Glue.